The education department offers many classes to help members become more effective leaders and activists.
All classes are free, and the following are conducted in one-day sessions.
- New member Orientations (For more information, please click here)
- Leadership development
- Labor management committees
More extensive, multi-day classes include:
- “Train the Trainer” — teaches members how to train other members in leadership and activism
- “Leadership Academy” — four-day courses that help member-activists become leaders in their community and at the union
- “Steward Training” — provides nursing home workers with the skills needed to organize coworkers and exercise a strong voice in workplace decisions
To participate in any of these classes, call the Member Action Center at 1-877-MY-ULTCW (698-5829).