Position: Travel Accounts Coordinator
Travel Accounts Coordinator
ULTCW Job Description
This position is responsible for the overseeing the union’s credit card charges. Most charges originate from travel and transportation. Using the Union’s access to BCD Travel software, the Travel Coordinator will assist in travel arrangements with staff, make travel arrangements for member organizers, and manage the paperwork and receipts of such arrangements. It also includes approving union vehicle usage, maintenance, and repairs, as well as approving staff car allowance payments and various insurance needs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (Any one position may not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification.)
1) Oversees BCD Travel arrangements.
2) Assists union staff in creating their travel itineraries.
3) Creates travel itineraries for member organizers.
4) Responsible for reviewing the online credit card charges on a daily basis.
5) Compiles detailed back-up documents for credit card charges on a daily basis.
6) Prepares the monthly charge summary of charges with complete back-up to the Staff Accountant by the second day after receiving the credit card bill.
7) Maintains the custody of the keys to the union vans and unused vehicles.
8) Works with staff in the maintenance are repairs of union vehicles.
9) Handles all insurance, registration, and fines, tickets, and penalties regarding staff.
10) Provides payroll processors information of staffs’ eligibility to receive car allowance.
11) Assist in researching items for audits, reconciliations, and financial reporting.
12) Runs miscellaneous reports and schedules, as required.
13) Bank Deposit.
14) Gathers and maintain information for Agency Fee Payer Time Distribution Reports.
15) Perform other duties as required to support the department and its mission.
High school graduate or equivalent and at least two to four years of experience working in a fast paced accounting environment, or a combination of education and experience that would provide for the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of modem office operations and procedures.
- Ability to complete and pass a typing test with a minimum of 35 wpm.
- Skill in the use of personal computers using accounting software or other software including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be comfortable in making calls to staff, management and outside parties requesting information.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Experience booking high quantities of travel arrangements (air, hotel, rentals).
Work is generally performed in an office setting. Employees must recognize that working in the labor movement is tough, demanding work, which sometimes requires working long or irregular hours that may necessitate overtime. Some travel may be required.
Scope and Nature of Supervision:
This position reports to the Lead Accountant, Controller or designee.
To Apply for This Position:
Mail, e-mail or fax a detailed resume, cover letter, a one-page writing sample and the name, job title, address, and phone number of three professional references to:
In subject of email: Position Title of Position you are Applying for
c/o Human Resources
Attn.: Human Resources
2910 Beverly Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90057