UPDATE: MONTEREY COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS VOTES YES TO APPROVE THE NEW CONTRACT
On Saturday, Monterey County ULTCW members voted Yes to ratify a new contract. This vote concludes nearly 6 months of negotiations with the county Board of Supervisors.
The new contract maintains wages at $11.50 per hour and includes the following new and expanded benefits for home care providers in Monterey County:
- Increases the county share of health benefits
- Eliminates a 3 year waiting list for health benefits
- Adds 153 care providers to the health plan
- Creates a health care benefit safety net for care producers if they lose hours due to budget cuts
- Mandates that the county to share enrollment information at provider orientations about other county health insurance options
- Provides notices of weekly provider orientations
This new contract will be in place through December of 2013.